Yesterday, I upgraded my Android SDK and ADT to version 17, especially because I wanted to see, how I could use the new, generated BuildConfig class.
So, after starting my emulator, a NoClassDefFoundError was thrown, when starting the second activity with an intent.
After some searching I found this solution http://android.foxykeep.com/dev/how-to-fix-the-classdefnotfounderror-with-adt-17
Well, I use Maven for my dependencies and that's why that solution doesn't work for me(I just assume, that FoxyKeep is right).
After messing up the whole classpath of my app, I decided to just switch back to version 16.
If you want to do that too, follow these steps:
- Download the old SDK (actually I am not totally sure, if it's necessary to revert the SDK, but I wanted to minimise possible errors). Just copy one of the download links and change the version number.
- Replace your tools folder with the tools folder from the old version.
- Deinstall the ADT in Eclipse (reverting in Eclipse didn't work for me)
- Download the old ADT by taking the link from here and again, changing the number to the desired version.
- Install the ADT in Eclipse by following the steps listed under "Troubleshooting ADT Installation"
If anyone finds a solution for ADT 17, please let me know ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment