Saturday, April 7, 2012

Do you know the beginning of Linux? (book review)

Well, I won't ask if you know Linux or Linus Torvalds, I guess my spam filter couldn't handle all those mails I would get ;) but, I'll rather ask you: Do you know the beginning of Linux?

If you're like myself, you'll know, that one Finnish geek (in a positive manner), named Linus Torvalds started to develop Linux during his college time and it became quite popular after it was published under Richard Stallman's GNU license and because of some other circumstances.

I recently started to read Just for fun (link) written by Linus Torvalds and David Diamond and it is quite a good book.

I don't wanna do advertisement here (well, somehow I do, but I definitely won't get any money for more copies sold ;) ) but I am half way through that book right now and I can recommend it. If you're quite nerdy and you would like to know in detail how Linux started, you'll have to read this book. It is NOT a manual how to become famous by developing cool stuff (at least from my point of view, because those times were unique). It is rather a book to become nostalgic and ask yourself, what you did during that time (if you're older than I am ;) ).

All in all, I like this book and it should be in every geek's book shelf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright @ 2013 Wrong tracks of a developer.

Designed by Templateiy