Friday, April 13, 2012

Code Kata

Some weeks ago I read about Code Kata in "The passionate programmer". I haven't had heard of it before.

From Karate I know Kata. It's a fixed sequence of movements and punches/kicks, which you repeat again and again and again...
That ways you gather automatism. And, what I got to add, a Kata is not directly meant to be used in a combat.

So, a Code Kata is the same for programming, at least it's supposed to be. According to Wikipedia Dave Thomas coined the term Code Kata and he invented some Code Kata, too, which you can use to train your programming skills. You can find them here or you can just use the links in the Wikipedia article.

I just started with Dave Thomas' Code Kata. Nevertheless, I like the concept and I suggest you have a try, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright @ 2013 Wrong tracks of a developer.

Designed by Templateiy